Basketball Intelligence For 2/10/22
Today's Best NBA Reporting And Analysis
- CHI: DeRozan Is On A Tear (from Darnell Mayberry, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3121917/2022/02/10/demar-derozan-is-on-a-tear-and-helping-bulls-hold-on-in-east/
NOTE: Links to stories concerning today’s “deadline day” deals will appear in tomorrow’s BI
- CHI: Bulls Quiet For Now, But Help Is Coming (from KC Johnson, NBC Sports): https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/nba-trade-deadline-bulls-quiet-now-focused-getting-healthy
- CHI Workload Increase For DeRozan & LaVine A Concern (from Julia Poe, Chicago Tribune): https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-chicago-bulls-ayo-dosunmu-guard-depth-20220210-rctmots2wngy7kgkcqesyy4rye-story.html
- CLE: Assessing The Cavs' Rebuild (from Jason Lloyd The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3121926/2022/02/10/lloyd-what-i-got-right-and-wrong-about-the-cavaliers-rebuild/
- CLE: Breaking Down Mobley's Budding Self-Creation (from Mark Schindler, Basketball News): https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/on-evan-mobleys-budding-selfcreation
- CLE: LeVert Was 'The Missing Piece' (from Chris Fedor, cleveland.com): https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022/02/caris-leverts-arrival-has-provided-cleveland-cavaliers-with-emotional-lift-he-was-our-missing-piece.html
From John Suchan, King James Gospel: https://kingjamesgospel.com/2022/02/09/cavs-3-ways-caris-levert-trade-acquisition-helps
- DAL: Q & A: Jalen Brunson (from Dallas Morning News): https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2022/02/09/jalen-brunson-on-confidence-in-getting-past-the-first-round-mavs-defensive-improvement-and-more/
- DAL: Doncic Is Doing Special Things Again (from Matthew Phillips, SBNation): https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/2/10/22926683/luka-doncic-is-doing-special-things-again
*Sign-up for a low-cost ( $5/month or $50/year) paid subscription for access to the full BI newsletter, including the team-specific and league-wide stories sections as well as takeaways from the previous day’s games and our new Pro Basketball History feature.
*** If you are a free subscriber, please consider upgrading to paid status, entitling you to the entirety of BI ***
***** IMPORTANT REQUEST: If you are already a paid subscriber, please help spread the word about BI subscriptions to friends, colleagues and associates and at your social media accounts*****
Honor your anti-procrastination New Year’s resolution by signing up now! Thank you!