Basketball Intelligence For 12/23/21
Today's Best NBA Reporting And Analysis
On Sunday, Basketball Intelligence became a paid newsletter.
We have published BI for free for seven years with the intention of remaining in that status. Unfortunately, rising costs have made that goal impossible. The ability to continue publication has become dependent on the conversion to paid status.
We are proud of our reputation of being the adult in the room regarding dissemination of the best NBA reporting and analysis.
Early returns are quite good but we still need more paid subscribers to be able to continue. Your consideration and paid registration will be most appreciated. Please also consider gifting BI to the NBA fans among your associates, colleagues and friends.
The price is just five dollars a month or fifty dollars a year.
For more details and to subscribe, please click here.
We have set the registration fee as low as possible and are providing a waiver on request (at email@example.com) for anyone unable to pay.
This new status is intended to raise funding that will enable us continue to provide subscribers with access to the best NBA-related journalism on a daily basis. In addition, we will be adding new features, including a community forum, available only to paid subscribers. If you have already subscribed you can provide a major assist by spreading the word to other NBA-interested folks.
The currently available subscription prices will be available until the end of 2021. If you subscribe before then, you will have the advantage of a lifetime annual renewal price-lock, even after the anticipated 2022 price takes effect.
Thank you for your loyalty and support!
- ATL: Trae Has Battled Skeptics All Of His Life (from Chris Kirschner, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3001635/2021/12/23/its-still-f-trae-young-hawks-star-is-no-1-villain-of-knicks-fans-but-hes-battled-skeptics-all-of-his-life/
- BOS: Joe Johnson's Return (from Jay King, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3032729/2021/12/23/joe-johnsons-encore-in-boston-rewards-him-crowd-that-chanted-his-name-joes-a-bucket-celtics-agree-to-a-man
From Sherrod Blakely, Full Court Press: https://fullcourtpress.bulletin.com/the-real-motivation-behind-joe-johnson-s-second-tour-of-duty-with-the-boston-celtics/
From Gary Washburn, Boston Globe: https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/23/sports/both-joe-johnson-celtics-this-could-turn-out-be-really-good-thing/
From Mark Murphy, Boston Herald: https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/12/22/1222-bh-s-celtsnotes/
- BOS: What The Celtics' Stats Say (from Adam Himmelsbach, Boston Globe): https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/12/21/sports/these-numbers-indicate-what-has-gone-wrong-celtics-what-could-help-them-make-things-right/
- BOS: Brown's Return Leading Celtics In Right Direction (from Nick Metallinos, Sporting News: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/jaylen-browns-return-celtics-right-direction/fqtvz6ylyk5q139giz7vbv42o
- CLE: Garland Is Making The All-Star Leap (from Nekias Duncan, Basketball News): https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/darius-garland-is-making-the-allstar-leap
- CLE: Tacko's Strange Journey To His 1st NBA Start (from Kelsey Russo, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3032672/2021/12/23/tacko-falls-strange-journey-to-his-first-nba-start-with-the-cavs-something-that-ive-dreamed-of-for-a-while/
- CLE: Kevin Love's Rejuvenation (from Tony Pesta, Hoops Habit): https://hoopshabit.com/2021/12/23/cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-love-glory/
- CLE: How The Cavs Built Their Dominating Defense (from Ben Ladner, The Step Back): https://fansided.com/2021/12/23/cavs-defense-chris-paul-mid-range-shooting/
- GSW: Inside The Dubs' Plan To Chase More Titles Now While Also Grooming Their Future Stars (from Howard Beck, Sports Illustrated): https://www.si.com/nba/2021/12/23/golden-state-warriors-dynasty-quest-daily-cover
- GSW: Depth Is Dubs' Biggest Advantage As NBA Battles COVID (from Monte Poole, NBC Sports): https://news.yahoo.com/thunder-vs-nuggets-takeaways-okcs-034116490.html
- NYK: Why The Knicks Have Come Crashing Back To Earth This Season (from Joseph Casciaro, The Score): https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2250077
- ORL: The Magic Rebuild: On The Way To Relevancy (from Luke Duffy, Hoops Habit): https://hoopshabit.com/2021/12/22/orlando-magic-fans-holiday/
- PHI: Where The Sixers Miss Simmons The Most (from David Murphy, The Inquirer): https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/ben-simmons-trade-rumors-tyrese-maxey-sixers-rebounding-20211223.html
- SAC: Kings Need Aggressive Haliburton Every Game (from Leo Tochterman, Sactown Royalty): https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2021/12/21/22846615/kings-tyrese-haliburton-aggression-offense-deaaron-fox-absence
- UTA: Film Breakdown: Jazz's Ballscreen Attack (from Gibson Pyper, Half Court Hoops):
- WAS: How Neto Became One Of The NBA's Toughest Players (from Ava Wallace, Washington Post): https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/05/28/raul-neto-wizards-brazil/
- The Evolution Of The Foul (from Sopan Deb, NY Times): https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/sports/basketball/nba-fouls.html
- The Week That Was (from John Hollinger, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3031194/2021/12/22/bradley-beal-bonks-nikola-jokic-awesomeness-garrison-mathews-and-more-john-hollingers-stocking-stuffers/
- The Omicron All-Stars Are Keeping The NBA In Business (from Ben Cohen, Wall Street Journal): https://www.wsj.com/articles/nba-omicron-covid-variant-christmas-11640233815
From Sean Highkin, Bleacher Report: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2951776-covid-19-crisis-bring-opportunity-to-nbas-fringe-class