Basketball Intelligence For 12/22/21
Today's Best NBA Reporting And Analysis
On Sunday, Basketball Intelligence became a paid newsletter.
We have published BI for free for seven years with the intention of remaining in that status. Unfortunately, rising costs have made that goal impossible. The ability to continue publication has become dependent on the conversion to paid status.
We are proud of our reputation of being the adult in the room regarding dissemination of the best NBA reporting and analysis.
Early returns are quite good but we still need more paid subscribers to be able to continue. Your consideration and paid registration will be most appreciated. Please also consider gifting BI to the NBA fans among your associates, colleagues and friends.
The price is just five dollars a month or fifty dollars a year.
For more details and to subscribe, please click here.
We have set the registration fee as low as possible and are providing a waiver on request (at firstname.lastname@example.org) for anyone unable to pay.
This new status is intended to raise funding that will enable us continue to provide subscribers with access to the best NBA-related journalism on a daily basis. In addition, we will be adding new features, including a community forum, available only to paid subscribers. If you have already subscribed you can provide a major assist by spreading the word to other NBA-interested folks.
The currently available subscription prices will be available until the end of 2021. If you subscribe before then, you will have the advantage of a lifetime annual renewal price-lock, even after the anticipated 2022 price takes effect.
Thank you for your loyalty and support!
- ATL: Q & A: Clint Capela (from Kelly Iko, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3028923/2021/12/21/clint-capela-talks-exclusively-about-post-rockets-career-and-playing-with-the-hawks-the-ikosystem/
- BKN: Blake Griffin: Stepping Up When The Nets Have Needed It (from Christian Arnold, The Brooklyn Game): https://thebrooklyngame.com/blake-griffin-stepping-up-for-nets-when-theyve-needed-it/
From Mark Sanchez, NY Post: https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/blake-griffin-finding-path-to-relevancy-with-nets-shorthanded/
- BKN: David Duke Finding His Niche (from Mark Sanchez, NY Post): https://nypost.com/2021/12/21/rookie-david-duke-jr-finding-his-nets-niche/
- BOS: Should The Celtics Trade Schroder? (from Jay King, The Athletic): https://theathletic.com/3030102/2021/12/22/should-the-celtics-trade-dennis-schroder-or-should-they-keep-him-if-they-can
- BOS: Udoka Playbook: Re-Screen Hammers (from Adam Spinella, Celtics Blog): https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/12/21/22813207/udoka-playbook-re-screen-hammers
- BOS: How Celtics Allowed Embiid To Get Hot (from Adam Taylor, Celtics Blog): https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/12/22/22848169/how-boston-cetics-defense-let-joel-embiid-hot-jayson-tatum-jaylen-brown-marcus-smart-enes-freedom
- CHI: DeRozan's Midrange Mastery Fuels Bulls In Crunch Time (from Rob Schaefer, NBC Sports); https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/demar-derozans-midrange-mastery-transforming-bulls-crunch-time
From Scott Rafferty, Sporting News: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/news/demar-derozan-bulls-fourth-quarter/ujvlfacdjp191koavrgup8lu7
- CHI Why Were The Bulls Underestimated? (from Adam Caparell, Complex): https://www.complex.com/sports/why-did-everybody-underestimate-the-bulls